Last May, as friend Margot and I were exploring Tennessee and Georgia, I was putting hand stitching onto "Like Father, Like Son." We talked about how much stitching was needed, and I said that I'd know when it had reached the critical mass; that a level of complexity would become evident and I'd know when to stop. And so it was.
Yesterday I concluded that I had ALMOST enough stitching and that I would need to place the rising sun before going on. I made the sun of iridescent organza with a cross of gold silk behind it, then fused it to the painted sky. It was a bit dicey deciding just where the sun should go on this very wide horizon (once it's fused it's difficult to remove without leaving a mess). Then I stitched it in place, and added some more stems and tendrils. Today I added more magenta blossoms. I think the complexity is sufficient, although quilting canvas to the lining will add a bit more.