So then I cut the piece into several segments and interspersed more strips of the contrast material, then a couple more rows of blocks, and then stopped for some ice cream and a rest for my brain. It's big enough now to cut into the shape I want, but still not sufficiently chaotic. I think I'll add some paint before putting it onto the batting. Paint should disguise some of the linear elements and make it more swooping and curvy. Later I'll add yarn and maybe some beads. Now let's see whether I can get a photo to appear from my camera/phone. Oh, wait a minute--I can use the camera in this tablet--first try!
I have been fighting power fluctuations at the house for the past couple of weeks, had to replace some fixtures in the studio also. Probably the result of a thunderstorm we had 3 weeks ago, but of course I assumed it was my own fault in some way. My electrician friend Gil finally figured out that only half the needed power was getting to the breaker box, and the power company was very helpful, making me a priority. Half an hour later their truck was here and the technician was up in the cherry picker, tightening connections at the transformer across the street. And voilà--lights! Plus, I didn't have to pay for it! The fluctuations, however, affected my old electric range badly and it has given up the ghost. I rejoice in this, as I've been wanting a gas range and had no excuse to buy one as long as the old stove (which came with the house) was working. The new gas stove will come soon--in the meantime I can go over to son Phil's and use their stove if needed. Or just invite myself to dinner.